Thursday, April 19, 2007

Morning's Grace


I've been struggling to get through my day today.

It hasn't been particularly difficult in terms of activities, I was at the car dealership to have my car repaired.

But, sitting in the waiting room, I heard more news of the tragedy at Virgina Tech over and over again throughout the day. My heart breaks with sorrow at their losses.

It reminds me of the death of my husband last year at this time. He died of a heart attack. One moment we were watching television together and two hours later he died in the hospital emergency room. I am still struggling with missing him and it has been a year. My life was changed permanently by his death.

I try to keep in mind a few things:

Rest when you are tired, let go of your burdens for a short while.

Even in pain, keep your heart open.

There is enough love in the world; especially when things don't make sense and we don't understand; love is the only thing that remains constant.

Thanks for sharing a few minutes with me.
Ellen

Ellen Wass Beckerman
Writer/Photographer/Graphic Designer
www.gardentextures.com

No comments: