Saturday, April 21, 2007

Name Two Things You Care About

Many of us struggle to get through our day—our mundane activities keep us so busy, I'm not sure we even think about whether we care or not. BUT, take a moment and name two things that you care passionately about. Are any of the scheduled activities you have today related to something or someone you care about?
My two things are:
1) Photography. I am crazy about light and shadow. I am also passionately in love with noticing small details. The texture of of our lives is for me what makes living worthwhile.

2) Teaching Technology to the Poor. I have the great privilege of being an instructor for a series evening classes in Statesville, NC that teaches Computer Skills for Employment. I use a computer every day for my job, my research and my hobbies. Most computer users can’t imagine a life without their computers. (Just notice what happens when the power goes out.) There are many things that computer-savvy people take for granted, such as applying online for a job or emailing a resume, that non-computer users do not have access to or do not know how to do.

Name your two things. Imagine what the world would be like if everyone did something that they cared passionately about.

Thanks for sharing a few minutes with me.
Ellen

Ellen Wass Beckerman
Writer/Photographer/Graphic Designer
www.gardentextures.com

No comments: